|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Company:||Blue Cross Blue Shield Association|
|Job Location(s):||Chicago, IL|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Experience:||4 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Admin - Secretarial and Office Mgmt, Admin - Receptionist/Clerical|
|Description||Provide administrative and general assistance in support of the daily activities of the Senior Vice President, the Finance division, and related business units (functional areas include National Employee Benefits and Administration, Blue Venture Fund, and Brand Protection and Financial Services). Supports cross-functional initiatives between divisions and a variety of internal Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association departments. Positively represents the business with internal and external customers and vendors, while maintaining confidentiality of all information and matters.|
Required Basic Qualifications
* An Associate degree or equivalent work experience in a related position and/or environment.
* A minimum of four years experience in an administrative support role within a similar environment, supporting a divisional, C level executive.
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Preferred Basic Qualifications
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
* The ability to independently organize, priority-set and manage numerous, simultaneous projects, exercise independent judgment and problem solving skills.
* Well-developed analytic and logic skills.
* Demonstrated organization and follow-through skills.
* The ability to attain knowledge of Association and division operations.
* Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
* Strong proofreading abilities and attention to details applied to all work products.
* The ability to survey a situation and determine the appropriate action in the absence of a supervisor or other forms of assistance.
* Prior exposure and/or experience in business conference logistics.
* Strong customer service skills and ability to exercise tact and discretion.
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V