JOIN OUR MARINE CREW TODAY!
- No maritime experience required
- Interviews will be done on the spot
- Meet the captains and get to interview on one of our vessels the Chicago Elite
*APPOINTMENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT ARE RECOMMENDED*
Inspired by our commitment to excellence, Shipmates at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful Deckhand is responsible to maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the vessel, ensuring guest comfort and safety while underway, and assisting with docking and undocking. Shipmates must uphold the strictest safety standards for guests and crew, and will maintain a professional and friendly manner consistent with Our Service System (OSS).
• Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS)
• Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers and vessel
• Participate in routine safety drills to prepare for major incidents
• Handle lines to moor vessels to pier
• Stand watch in ships' bows, sterns, or bridge wings in order to look for obstructions in a ship's path or to locate navigational aids such as buoys and lighthouses
• Assist Captain and supervisory personnel in maintain vessel equipment and systems such as HVAC, engine, and technical equipment
• Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas
• Sweep, mop, and wash down decks and exterior to remove dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses
• Load or unload materials from vessels; gather and remove trash from vessel
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The LocalJobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.