Company Generac Power Systems
Name Product Manager
Req # 55129
Location Waukesha IS
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
In the role of Product Manager working in Waukesha, WI you will be a part of the Industrial and Light Commercial team. The Product Manager is responsible to develop and drive product strategy cross functionally with P&L responsibility in an assigned product category.This role is responsible for product life cycle management, and ensures the successful launch of new products. This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management and will work cross functionally across the business groups.
- Develops product category strategy to drive revenue and profitability for assigned product lines, including specific, measurable goals such as percentage of market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth.
- Gathers and maintains category foundational research. This includes industry- and consumer-focused research (e.g., industry outlet share, market share, and retail sales by price tier, competitive product profiles, consumer "pain points" and usage/attitude research).
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering team to understand critical intellectual property, regulatory standards, legislation in order to update product category strategy as needed.
- Drives innovation-based three year product road map to deliver concept ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, road map of new projects, improvements to existing products and product lines, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, and cost reduction projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field or 7 years of related work experience if no degree;
- 3 years of progressive work experience in marketing product management
GREAT REASONS TO WORK WITH GENERAC:
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Up to 30% travel and valid Driver's License required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."