Company Generac Power Systems
Name Senior Electrical Engineer
Req # 55278
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great success and company growth.
Generac is currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our growing team in Waukesha, WI. The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects
- Design experience with a variety of materials (ie plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use
- Experience in new product design and development
- Ability to conduct analysis using FEA, CFD, etc.
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience with machine design
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."