Company Generac Power Systems
Name National Business Development Manager - Data Centers
Req # 55255
Location Waukesha IS
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators...but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now, instead we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
In the role of the National Account Manager II - Datacenters, you will develop and implement national sales strategies for new revenue generation with technology industry customers. This role is accountable for developing new national or major (key) accounts. This role calls on national accounts at all levels (C-level, Procurement, Field Service, etc.), presents sales material and follows up on sales service to develop new business opportunities. This role represents the entire range of company products while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers' needs and expectations are being met.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plan focused on growing sales.
- Develops accurate and detailed metrics to facilitate effective business forecasting and resource allocation.
- Forecasts, develops, manages and achieves budget.
- Analyzes and reviews sales trends to identify opportunities and threats.
- Manages and grows P&L.
- Achieves contribution margin target.
- Navigates the involvement of multiple departments and personnel within Generac organization and secondary distribution network in order to meet performance objectives and customer's expectations.
- Investigates product and service concerns and ensures resolution of customer issues.
- Works with the Marketing Department to develop initiatives/merchandising/packaging that drive sales efforts.
- Manages promotional opportunities to maximize return on investment.
- Manages sales pipeline for consistent flow of sales opportunities.
- Develops broad and deep account relationships.
- Negotiates and closes contracts.
- Expands Generac's existing business and focuses on ways to expand Generac business into new areas.
- Negotiates placement of new and existing products and programs with prospective customers.
- Drives flawless customer service execution, analyzes the current business and implements new strategies for customer service.
- Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of sales or marketing experience selling directly into required industry
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field
- Experience in power generation, power plant design, distributed energy systems, microgrids or related technology
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial culture;
- Ability to analyze financials;
- Knowledge of the internal processes and systems that support sales accounts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."