We are looking for a Software Developer Intern at our corporate office in Tacoma, WA
Purpose: As Software Developer Intern you will work with the team to deliver a broad spectrum of dynamic enterprise applications to support Burkhart's business needs. You will work closely within an Agile Team environment to help create responsive web design, developing outstanding user designs, ensuring data integration, and developing data warehousing systems.
What you'll be doing...
- Assisting the development team with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from users about program functionality.
- Conducting development tests.
What you'll need...
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or enrolled in equivalent program.
- Basic programming experience.
- Knowledge of databases including MS/SQL.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
Some of the benefits you'll receive as a Burkhart associate...
- In addition to providing free Dental insurance to our associates (of course!), Burkhart offers two affordable medical plans (plus a medical plan for your canine & feline family members), health savings accounts, healthcare flexible spending accounts, a 401k retirement plan, and a free employee assistance program.
- Free Wellness program including gift card incentives for completing wellness activities, company-wide events (like Fresh Fruit Fridays), and Principal's financial wellness program.
- Up to 3 weeks of vacation time off, 8 paid holidays, a day off to celebrate their work anniversary, and paid sick leave.
- Recognition for exceptional performance, anniversary milestone rewards, and various recognition programs.
- Associate events throughout the year such as coffee carts, summer BBQ's, team golf events, March Madness contests, and the very popular Take Your Dog to Work Day.
The salary for this position is: Up to $28.00/hr.