Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!WHO WE AREWe help our customers deliver products that have a profound impact on people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact as we support products used in the fight against COVID-19.We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service. As an employee of Plexus, we are committed to keeping you safe with newly implemented precautions such as virtual interviews, staggered start times across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, temperature screenings as you enter our facilities and requiring all employees to wear masks.We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career opportunities. Whether you're looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world. WHY YOU WILL LOVE ITEngaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: This role is responsible for providing direction and oversight in the areas of planning, purchasing, inventory control, warehousing and logistics. You will act as a liaison between corporate supply chain and the site customer focus teams to ensure that customer supply chain solutions are implemented and executed. You will collaborate with the focus factory teams to ensure proper materials resources and skill levels are in place to support the voice and requirements of the customer.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT - Create the Materials structure with capability and capacity to deliver our desired outcomes, networking with peers and corporate resources to leverage best practices. Manage and mentor staff, coach and provide development in order to create a high performing, accountable organization. Accountable to execute on Plexus' talent strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE: Demonstrate a continuous focus on customer service with internal and external customers. Uses in-depth knowledge of materials and operations to drive problem solving and change management that is focused on customer success.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Implement and manage best practices in the materials organization including purchasing, warehouse functions and inventory control in order to optimize systems and processes that lead to customer satisfaction. Identify and drive continuous improvement in all areas within the materials organization to maintain Materials Labor Cost at an optimum level and drive a culture of improvement.
- INVENTORY OPTIMIZATION - Ensure robust materials and capacity planning processes are in place and fully utilized to facilitate an optimum inventory position which supports the production plan and optimizes working capital.
- METRICS MANAGEMENT - Ensure goals and expectations for those in the materials organization are understood by all individuals within the site. Monitor and measure effectiveness and adjust as necessary to attain organizational goals.
- Serve as a customer interface for existing and potential customers to support continued growth. Establish executive level relationships with the customers' management team and become knowledgeable on the customer and their respective market sector.
- Act as a key escalation point within the site and collaborate with corporate sourcing to resolve material shortages in a timely fashion.
- Manage resources within the manufacturing operations to optimize labor contribution for the customers' operational strategy.
- Present the ability to take prompt and appropriate action to size the labor force in order to achieve customer fulfillment requirements, operational excellence and deliver labor and productivity contributions to the organization.
- Drive change management initiatives to deliver sustainable business and operational improvements.
- Assure training of personnel and adherence to standard operating procedures, work instructions and specific function education.
- Periodic travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 25%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Graduate degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or more years of progressive related management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge in Oracle JDE and Kinaxis Rapid Response are highly desirable.
- ASCM/APICS certification a plus.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and guidance to members of the operations management team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership qualities, computer literacy, electronic industry knowledge and ability to supervise.
- Passion for customer and operational excellence that translates to members of the customer focus material teams to effectively implement customer strategy.
- Proficiency and demonstration of the Plexus Values and Leadership Competencies.
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S. persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!