The Capital Planning organization within Finance Treasury is responsible for all aspects of capital analysis, forecasting, and planning , including providing programmatic leadership for the firm's capital ratios; Risk Weighted Assets (RWA); CCAR; and Recovery & Resolution Planning. The organization spans the full capital planning continuum, with the Head of Capital Planning reporting to the Treasurer.
The Capital Planning Governance team is responsible for developing and enhancing governance processes to improve efficiency, transparency and control, as well as, ensure alignment with client standards and compliance with key regulatory requirements. Three teams within Capital Planning Governance are expanding at the moment, including:
- Basel Governance: Responsible for strengthening overall governance and controls related to Basel / Spot RWA. The strategic objectives and priorities of the Basel Governance team include: driving accountability and transparency of key Basel / Spot RWA processes and remediation efforts; enabling proactive management and escalation of issues; establishing predictive controls; executing on Basel governance structure; preparedness for reviews including regulatory exams and executing on key regulatory deliverables, partnering with key stakeholders including Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk and other control functions.
- CCAR / Stress Testing Governance: Responsible for overseeing the annual and quarterly stress testing process including generating and presenting on metrics during each cycle to support transparent communication with Sr. Management and final quality control checks for each cycle
- MCA Oversight: Responsible for the execution and support of the MCA (Manager's Control Assessment) program across Capital Planning in compliance with GRC and MCA Procedures. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of control testing to validate the effectiveness of key controls and identify material control weaknesses that require remediation, assessing the impact of current issues against controls and supporting the annual risk assessment. This role will also interface with Internal Audit, Operational Risk Management and Compliance regarding MCA related audit requests and challenge reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry or consulting
- Strong written communication skills and capability with board-level presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to breakdown challenges/problems into components and lay out decision points for resolution
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple assignments and projects.
- The ability to work collaboratively both within and outside of Capital Planning
- Familiarity with financial services regulatory environment is a strong plus
- CCAR background is a plus
- MCA experience required.
- Demonstrable experience in driving results.
- Experience in process and control reengineering preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office - particularly PowerPoint (presentation decks), Word (business writing) and , Excel (metrics and data analysis)
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while multitasking and meeting strict deadlines.
- Very strong project management skills; able to quickly structure an approach to address new problems; proven ability to make decisions and drive execution
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative in self-development.
- Robust problem solving and analytical skills, with diligence and superior attention to detail
- Strong influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills required