Description: To optimize working capital by overseeing the policies, procedures, processes, systems, controls and personnel related to the payoff and off-lease functions of the company.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
- Oversee the payoff and off-lease operations, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the departments' goals and objectives
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Payoff team members to drive a culture of customer service, continuous improvement, and vigorous application of process protocols
- Responsible for continuous process improvement in all financial transaction streams under management including but not limited to - elimination of rework, reduction of waste, implementation of tools to drive efficiencies, reduced defects/errors, and improvement of internal controls
- Communicate with partners in various departments regarding current lease and off-lease information
- Partner with Credit and Financial Operations teams for Bankruptcy and Workout processes
- Ensure proper reporting of department metrics and SLA's
- Identify defects in upstream processes that impact the off-lease process and partner with relevant departments to implement improvements
- Coordinate with the Information Technology team to ensure effective systems in place to streamline processes and reduce cost to process end of lease transactions
The Expertise and Education You Have:
- Project portfolio management experience
- Lean or Six Sigma background preferred
- Proven working experience in a finance function, as well as other back office operational finance areas
- BS in Accounting/Finance required
- MBA and/ or Continuous improvement certifications would be an advantage
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
The Skills You Bring:
- Strong analytic skills along with the ability to identify problems and determine solutions
- Project Management expertise
- Proactive and high energy, with a hands-on approach to problem solving with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A strong executive presence, with the ability to influence constituencies across internal functions, customers, and partners
- A strong customer mindset, with a passion for serving client needs
- Ability to understand, create and explain loan amortization schedules
- Aptitude for organizational change and innovation
- Strong desktop computer skills with experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Location: Merchants Fleet Innovation Center in Rosemont, IL
Merchants Fleet isthe nation's fastest growingfleet management company, providing flexible funding and serviceoptions for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations. Merchants Fleet offers comprehensive &customizable fleet solutions, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs. Our programs range from long-termleases to monthly rentals, including unique options such as rent-to-lease and own-to-lease. With over 150,000 managedvehicles nationwide, our expert teams have experience working with nearly every industry, from corporate fleets to lastmile delivery to franchise systems. We offer the most high-touch service and innovative experience across the industry,with specialized teams andaFleetTechmodel that merges fleet with technology to ensure our clients get the bestperformance out of their fleets. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its InnovationCenteris located inthe Chicago, Illinois area.For more information, please visitmerchantsfleet.com.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2020, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
California Residents click for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).