POSITION: Project Manager
To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating job site team, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Responsible to manage all or, on larger projects with multiple Project Managers, a designated part of a project.
As project manager, you will:
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads.
- Decide staffing needs of project and coordinate fulfillment of same.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities and manage the relationships.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.).
- Maintain good client relationships with a goal of obtaining future work from the client.
- Have other duties and responsibilities as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A 4-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tacts, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- To be a business-oriented person.
Why join our dynamic team?
Since its founding, James McHugh Construction Co. has earned its reputation as a builder of landmark, one-of-a-kind structures. McHugh's success is grounded in the company's dedication to the success of its clients, its people, and the McHugh heritage. McHugh's mission has always been promoting a seamless and positive project experience with excellence and innovation. McHugh offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness program, short and long-term disability coverage, company matching 401(k), employee referral program, career development, and tuition reimbursement.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability