Position purpose: Under supervision of the Program Manager, conduct community outreach and provide PrEP education and linkage to preventative care services to high risk gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and heterosexual men and women living on the southwest side of Chicago. Must be knowledgeable of the Southwest side of Chicago and proficient in working with high-risk populations, networking in an effort to educate, increase awareness, recruit and enroll individuals eligible into our Si A La Salud (SALSA) PrEP program. Attend community meetings to increase awareness and create referral network among other organizations and groups. Prior work in social services and health setting is strongly preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Speaks before neighborhood groups and attends community meetings to establish communication and rapport.
2. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Spanish with persons from target groups in a culturally appropriate manner.
3. Use social media and geo dating sites to provide education.
4. Ability to provide positive feedback, empathy, encouragement, and guidance to program participants.
5. Prepares and distributes informational literature.
6. Other Duties as assigned.
Esperanza Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) according to Title 44, Ill. Administrative Code, and Subpart C Section 750.150.Requirements:
1. Associates Degree or equivalent experience, required
2. One or more years of health care setting as a case manager, health educator or HIV related services, preferred
3. Ability to adapt in different environments and be compassionate, patient and non-judgmental with patients
4. Previous experience with Electronic Health Records, preferred
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), preferred
6. Bilingual English/Spanish, required
This position is a full time, 40 hours a week, that requires flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Esperanza Health Centers offers benefits to all its full-time employees:
BCBS Medical PPO Plans| Ameritas Dental |Eye Med Vision|401K- company match |Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 per year|10 Paid Holidays and 16 Days of Paid Time Off