Join the leader in the power industry! Our Whitewater, WI facility is seeking a Quality Supervisor to join our expanding Operations Team.
The Quality Supervisor will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing facility wide quality assurance programs designed to ensure continuous improvement in production of products and conformance to all established standards in a high product mix environment. Drive capable, predictable, repeatable (CPR) processes throughout the product assembly process. Overall responsibility for coordinating and leading assigned resources and employees to meet or exceed company quality and business objectives. Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by developing policies, procedures and process documentation related to quality, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction directives. Responsible for leading, coaching and developing a high performing team of quality support leaders. Execute an effective audit process to be used to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results are followed to enable operational excellence. This position will need to work closely with cross-functional teams including HR, Operations, Sales/Marketing, IT, and Engineering.
Success in this role is defined by optimizing graphical operations sheets, quality assurance, CPR processes and training/development with attention to the key growth efficiencies – synergies, scale and scope.
- Executes a multi-year quality improvement plan for the facility to climb the value chain from Quality Control to Quality Assurance to Excellence.
- Sets the quality expectations of the organization to satisfy the requirements of our customers.
- Ensures ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by developing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Establishes product quality goals, metrics, and test methods during product design and development.
- Directs policy and procedure for inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Drives down total value chain expense with the use of quality goals, performance metrics and improvement initiatives.
- Trains, develops, motivates, monitors and leads a team of people to achieve established SMART goals and objectives. This position must develop talent and leaders for growth within the company.
- Executes and promotes the Generac Quality Management System.
- Oversees deployment of standard Generac quality tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes
- Directs root cause investigations addressing internal failures and customer complaints and facilitates corrective actions.
- Presents quality metrics and analysis regularly to Senior Management team and external customers as needed.
- Coach and collaborate with business leaders and team members to apply and share a common vision for excellence processes and technologies.
- Provides and facilitates communication/interactions amongst team members, between teams and other areas, resolving differences and/or conflict situations effectively.
- Defines resource needs and works within budget and staffing parameters to accomplish objectives for area of responsibility.
- Responds positively and supports changes in procedures, process, technology, responsibility and assignments.
- Leads and supports empowered employees in a team environment.
- Applies creative problem approaches and ideas to area of responsibility.
- Provides effective leadership and establishes and maintains working relationships with business leaders, functional change agents, and all applicable functional department personnel.
- Coaches and mentors Lean team to improve engagement with local technical/commercial stakeholders and to establish communication channels between the cross functional teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in Engineering, Business or Industrial Technology) or 8 years of equivalent work experience;
- Advanced degree, MS and/or MBA preferred;
- Environmental Science or Engineering;
- 0 - 3 years (Previous relevant work experience preferred);
- Certification/Technical Skills Preferred: CHMM, CSP, CIH, or PE;
- 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Manager of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma tools and methodology
- World class manufacturing (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and 5S) experience.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Generac Power Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.