Responsible for managing all accounting functions under the general direction of the CFO, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures. Prepares or oversees the preparation of all internal and external financial reports including monthly and annually audited financial statements and ongoing operating reports. Coordinates the annual planning and periodic forecasting processes. Oversees all treasury and accounts payable activities.
This position may require the employee to work in excess of 40 hours per week as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
This job description is only a summary of typical functions. Duties, tasks, and responsibilities may differ from the job description.
- Directs the monthly close process, ensuring all activity and accruals are properly accounted for according to GAAP.
- Issues monthly and annual reporting of financial statements as well as operational reporting and analysis to assist management in decision making.
- Administration responsibilities for QAD ERP financial module as well as Prophix Reporting systems.
- In coordination with external tax compliance provider, ensures compliance with federal, state and local tax filing requirements.
- Coordinates the annual audit process, working with internal information providers and external auditors.
- Oversees all accounting and reporting of royalties to licensor partners.
- Oversees Accounts Payable function, ensuring suppliers are paid on time, taking advantage of discounts when appropriate.
- Responsible for all Treasury functions, including active management of revolving credit facility and required reporting to lenders.
- Lead, mentor, train and annually evaluate a team of 5 professional/office employees.
- Partnering with IT and the CFO, continuous evaluation of processes and technologies to maximize efficiency and productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor*s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Finance and Accounting experience.
- Previous management or supervisory experience required.
- Manufacturing industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong accounting skills and be able to analyze, solve problems and make immediate decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex finance matters effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications and capability to learn QAD, Prophix, Sage/FAS systems is required.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Accept and adhere to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others.
- Adherence to Finance policies, procedures and direction of management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, and/or small parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work area to another.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Lift and Carry: up to 10lbs as needed
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal and high speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
Planning, Coordinating/Supervising, Controlling
- Prioritizes and schedules own work and work of direct reports.
- Develops long-range objectives and plans to meet them i.e. eliminating check processing errors *duplicate payments and penalties on late payments.
- Checks the quality and timeliness of own work and direct report*s work.
- Interviews candidates for openings and makes hiring decisions.
- Communicates accounts payable procedures to other departments.
- Orients new staff members to departmental policies and procedures including hands-on training.
- Reviews salaries and recommends changes in pay levels during annual performance appraisals. Recommends promotions, transfers, demotions, and terminations.
- Maintains communications among unit members to resolve conflicts.
- Develops unit procedures to be followed by self and others.
- Plans and evaluates performance results i.e. ensures that all plans are met as scheduled.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is essential to contributing to the leadership of the Finance Department as well as guidelines, prioritization, policies & procedures, etc. Provides timely, high-quality information to decision-makers, enhancing the quality of decision-making.