Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving any electrical and mechanical problems as well as performing all routine and basic equipment maintenance on machines.
This position is a 3rd shift position working in our powder fill, high speed packaging department. The hours are 9:30pm - 6:00am, Monday - Thursday, 9:30pm - 9:30am Friday and Saturday's as required. In this role one will be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Overtime is required and scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
This job description is only a summary of typical functions. Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Complete work assignments in a timely fashion with minimal direction.
- Evaluate all machinery and provide a list of needed improvements.
- Focus on machine efficiency issues and process improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- 3 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic/technician required.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience required.
- Experience within the food industry preferred.
- Demonstrate intermediate mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Previous experience and knowledge is required in the following areas: electrical, mechanical, machine elements, pipe fitting, instrumentation, hydraulics/ pneumatics, PLC's and shop safety.
- Required to have experience with:
- Performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Installing, verifying and validating all new equipment.
- Performing machine tear-down and rebuilds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with GMP and safety regulations.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills are required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be able to complete and pass the skills assessment.
- Must be able to pass the physical and functional job screen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discern differences between red/green/amber.
- Hear/Listen Effectively: Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Move within Office and Manufacturing Facilities: standing/walking for a minimum of 8 hours including the ability to ascend/descend staircases.
- Overhead Repair: Perform work order/PM while hands are above eye level at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Load/Replace Motor/Large Equipment: Lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Climb Ladders: Carry ladder, weighing up to 40 pounds, at least 30 feet to location of work order/PM followed by climbing up/down 3-4 ladder rungs or the equivalent of 36 rungs with bilateral upper extremity support.
- Awkward Positions for Repair/Adjustments: Maintain a stoop position reaching below waist for work order/PM with tools at 2 minutes intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Push/Pull Carts/Equipment: Push a sled generating 60 pounds of force up to 25 feet.
- Awkward Positions Below Equipment: Crawl 20 feet to perform work order/PM while kneeling under a table at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Lift Filler Tubes/Medium Equipment: Lift 50# from waist to shoulder level and return with the ability to repeat.
- Climb Fork Lift: Step onto a 22* step using upper extremity support with the ability to repeat several times.
- Transfer Floor to Overhead Level: Squat to lift with 2 hands, a 20 pound object, standing and placing onto a 70* shelf with the ability to repeat for 2 minutes.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
- Back up Redundant
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job directly impacts departmental and company productivity and product quality.