The Jel Sert Company has multiple Technician positions open on 2nd and 3rd Shift within both our Powder fill and Liquid fill departments.
The 2nd shift position working in our Powder fill, high speed packaging department will be scheduled to work 1:30pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Friday and Saturday's as required. In this role one will be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Overtime is required and scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
The 3rd shift position working in our Powder fill, high speed packaging department will be scheduled to work 9:30pm - 6:00am, Monday - Thursday, 9:30pm - 9:30am Friday and Saturday's as required. In this role one will be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Overtime is required and scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
The 3rd shift position working in our Liquid Department will be scheduled to work 10:30pm - 7:00am, Monday - Friday and Saturday's as required. In this role one will be required to work overtime as scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department. Additionally, this position will require the employee to transfer to 1st shift for a period of 4-6 months each year. This typically occurs in the second half of the calendar year.
Repair and maintain production equipment while adhering to quality and safety procedures/regulations in a fast paced work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
This job description is only a summary of typical functions. Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair production equipment as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- Adhere to quality and safety procedures/regulations.
- Complete work assignments in a timely fashion with minimal direction.
- Recommend process improvements ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Experience as a maintenance mechanic/technician within a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience within the food industry preferred.
- Previous experience troubleshooting and performing routine preventative maintenance required.
- Experience installing, verifying and validating new equipment preferred.
- Familiarity of machine tear-down and rebuilds a preferred.
- Mechanical and electrical skills required.
- Previous experience and knowledge preferred in the following areas: machine elements, instrumentation, hydraulics/ pneumatics, PLC's, LOTO, GMP*s, and safety regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team based environment.
- Desire to learn, take on challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt to the department needs as changes occur.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, bilingual (Spanish) beneficial but not required.
- Must be able to complete and pass the skills assessment test.
- Must be able to pass the physical and functional job screen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discern differences between red/green/amber.
- Hear/Listen Effectively: Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Move within Office and Manufacturing Facilities: standing/walking for a minimum of 8 hours including the ability to ascend/descend staircases.
- Overhead Repair: Perform work order/PM while hands are above eye level at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Load/Replace Motor/Large Equipment: Lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Climb Ladders: Carry ladder, weighing up to 40 pounds, at least 30 feet to location of work order/PM followed by climbing up/down 3-4 ladder rungs or the equivalent of 36 rungs with bilateral upper extremity support.
- Awkward Positions for Repair/Adjustments: Maintain a stoop position reaching below waist for work order/PM with tools at 2 minutes intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Push/Pull Carts/Equipment: Push a sled generating 60 pounds of force up to 25 feet.
- Awkward Positions Below Equipment: Crawl 20 feet to perform work order/PM while kneeling under a table at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Lift Filler Tubes/Medium Equipment: Lift 50# from waist to shoulder level and return with the ability to repeat.
- Climb Fork Lift: Step onto a 22* step using upper extremity support with the ability to repeat several times.
- Transfer Floor to Overhead Level: Squat to lift with 2 hands, a 20 pound object, standing and placing onto a 70* shelf with the ability to repeat for 2 minutes.
Manufacturing environment with some allergen products
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to high heat.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
- Back up Redundant
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job directly impacts departmental and company productivity and product quality.