This position is a 3rd shift position working in our powder fill, high speed packaging department. The hours are 9:30pm - 6:00am, Monday - Thursday, 9:30pm - 9:30am Friday and Saturday's as required. In this role one will be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Overtime is required and scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
Provides guidance and direction to departmental maintenance employees (technicians and/or mechanics) in areas of:
- Food Safety: Ensures that finished product is manufactured in a safe environment and is free of risk from contamination caused by defective equipment
- Food Quality: Ensures that finished product complies with all quality specifications and expectations
- Productivity: Ensures that all departmental equipment performs at optimum operating efficiencies by: Coordinating developing and implementing effective Preventive Maintenance efforts along with effective troubleshooting of unscheduled downtime for prompt return to operation.
- Personal Safety: Ensuring safe practices and procedures are being followed at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Technician/Mechanic skills evaluation and development
- Preventive Maintenance Program development and compliance
- Planning and scheduling of Maintenance efforts in accordance with production demands
- Technical support * troubleshooting unscheduled interruptions in production
- Identify/Order repair parts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic/technician required.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience required.
- Previous experience as a lead or supervisor required.
- Experience within the food industry preferred.
- Demonstrate intermediate mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Previous experience and knowledge is required in the following areas: electrical, mechanical, machine elements, pipe fitting, instrumentation, hydraulics/ pneumatics, PLC's and shop safety.
- Required to have experience with:
- Performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Installing, verifying and validating all new equipment.
- Performing machine tear-down and rebuilds.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to train and motivate employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with GMP and safety regulations.
- Good verbal & written communication skills are required.
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office Suite and the internet.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be able to complete and pass the skills assessment.
- Must be able to pass the physical and functional job screen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discern differences between red/green/amber.
- Hear/Listen Effectively: Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Move within Office and Manufacturing Facilities: standing/walking for a minimum of 8 hours including the ability to ascend/descend staircases.
- Overhead Repair: Perform work order/PM while hands are above eye level at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Load/Replace Motor/Large Equipment: Lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Climb Ladders: Carry ladder, weighing up to 40 pounds, at least 30 feet to location of work order/PM followed by climbing up/down 3-4 ladder rungs or the equivalent of 36 rungs with bilateral upper extremity support.
- Awkward Positions for Repair/Adjustments: Maintain a stoop position reaching below waist for work order/PM with tools at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Push/Pull Carts/Equipment: Push a sled generating 60 pounds of force up to 25 feet.
- Awkward Positions Below Equipment: Crawl 20 feet to perform work order/PM while kneeling under a table at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Lift Filler Tubes/Medium Equipment: Lift 50# from waist to shoulder level and return with the ability to repeat.
- Climb Fork Lift: Step onto a 22* step using upper extremity support with the ability to repeat several times.
- Transfer Floor to Overhead Level: Squat to lift with 2 hands, a 20-pound object, standing and placing onto a 70* shelf with the ability to repeat for 2 minutes.
80% of work within the Manufacturing environment.
20% of the work within the Office environment.
Prioritizes and schedules own work and work of team.
Support long-range objectives and plans to meet them; i.e. training, projects, PM issues.
Checks the quality, quantity and timeliness of work of team.
Communicates and enforces compliance with company policies, programs and procedures to team.
Helps develop unit procedures; i.e. PM, startup, changeover, etc.
Evaluates performance of non-union assigned personnel; evaluates skills of union and non-union assigned personnel.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Back-up Redundancy * Maintenance Technicians
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is essential to maintaining department equipment which effects total production output.