Responsibilities include assisting in the day to day duties of lab maintenance, formulation preparation and adjustments, process improvement, stability studies, sensory panels.
This position will require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *other duties may be assigned.
- Bench top formulation preparation/adjustments, lab maintenance, and equipment calibration as needed
- Conduct stability studies and sensory panels
- Internal sample requests to prepare for internal customers in order to conduct sensory panels
- Process improvement, plant trials, data entry of lab testing and sensory results for verifying
- Compile and analyze data from test and panels
- Communicates test results to formulation staff
An individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility successfully. Listed below are duties representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a lab environment, related to quality control and/or product development required
- Manufacturing experience within the food and beverage and/or pharmaceuticals industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of scientific methods, terminology and good lab practice.
- Average Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook skills are required.
- Associates in Science preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to gather and analyze data in order to compile information and prepare reports.
- Organized, detail oriented, neat and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical thinker
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally form position to position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on an as needed basis
- Ability to climb stairs in order to get to areas of the facility to perform job responsibilities.
- Pushing and pulling of carts on an as needed basis.
- Ability to use senses; taste, touch, smell and sight.
- Close visual acuity to perform activities: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection of materials, operating laboratory devices, etc.
Mainly lab environment with some office and plant work. In the lab environment, one will work, from time to time, with hazardous chemicals with supplied safety equipment and is subject to atmospheric conditions such as dust.
Check the quality and timeliness of work.
Maintain a professional and organized work environment.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job assists with formulation preparation, plant operation process improvements, cost savings initiatives and shelf life verification in order to insure a quality finished product.