The Jel Sert Company is looking for a Maintenance Technician for our Facilities Maintenance team. The hours are from 5am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday and Saturday's as scheduled.
Completes work orders, preventative maintenance orders and project work to maintain the facility equipment and building at Jel Sert*s headquarters and local distribution centers.
This position may require the employee to work more than 40 hours per week as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
This job description is only a summary of typical functions. Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility and building equipment as work orders are distributed.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Complete work assignments in a timely fashion with minimal direction.
- Communicate maintenance issues to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- Adhere to quality and safety procedures/regulations.
- Recommend process improvements ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Minimum of 3 years* experience in a facility maintenance role.
- Detailed knowledge and experience required in Electrical (up to 440v), High Voltage (600v plus), Welding, Boilers, and Compressors.
- Experience in at least one of the following is required: HVAC, Data, High Voltage, Machining, or PLC*s.
- GMP knowledge required, SQF and FDA familiarity preferred.
- Food manufacturing plant experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills are required.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) required.
- Must be a self starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Desire to learn, take on challenges and responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt to the department needs as changes occur.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, bilingual (Spanish) beneficial but not required.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office software required.
- Must be able to complete and pass the skills assessment test.
- Must be able to pass the physical and functional job screen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discern differences between red/green/amber.
- Hear/Listen Effectively: Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Move within Office and Manufacturing Facilities: standing/walking for a minimum of 8 hours including the ability to ascend/descend staircases.
- Overhead Repair: Perform work order/PM while hands are above eye level at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Load/Replace Motor/Large Equipment: Lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Climb Ladders: Carry ladder, weighing up to 40 pounds, at least 30 feet to location of work order/PM followed by climbing up/down 3-4 ladder rungs or the equivalent of 36 rungs with bilateral upper extremity support.
- Awkward Positions for Repair/Adjustments: Maintain a stoop position reaching below waist for work order/PM with tools at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Push/Pull Carts/Equipment: Push a sled generating 60 pounds of force up to 25 feet.
- Awkward Positions Below Equipment: Crawl 20 feet to perform work order/PM while kneeling under a table at 2 minute intervals with the ability to repeat several times.
- Lift Filler Tubes/Medium Equipment: Lift 50# from waist to shoulder level and return with the ability to repeat.
- Climb Fork Lift: Step onto a 22* step using upper extremity support with the ability to repeat several times.
- Transfer Floor to Overhead Level: Squat to lift with 2 hands, a 20-pound object, standing and placing onto a 70* shelf with the ability to repeat for 2 minutes.
Office and Manufacturing environment
- The worker is subject to exposure of some allergen products.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to high heat.
- At times, the worker is subject to outside environmental conditions such as changing temperatures during a typical spring/summer/fall/winter season for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- Order parts to complete work assignments.
- Communicates with departments to accomplish work assignments without interrupting production.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job is essential to maintaining the facility and building equipment which effects total production output.