Prepare, verify and review all documentation such summary sheets, pick sheets, various labels and Bills of lading to ensure property picking, packing and shipping of products while directing drivers accordingly at the distribution center service window.
The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This position will require the employee to work overtime as needed. Overtime is scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
- Accurately and expeditiously check in drivers and assign dock doors as needed
- Complete as much as or more volume on 1st shift versus other shifts
- Give feedback to shift supervisor on loader performance in terms of productivity and quality
- Review incoming orders for both accuracy and potential problems
- Communicate with traffic department any issues related to carriers, or loading trucks on time
- Prepare required documents to ensure proper picking, packing, and shipping of all sales orders (summary sheets, pick sheets, various labels and Bills of lading)
- Ability to backup Warehouse Specialist position as needed
- Ensure all paperwork has been filled out accurately and completely by truck drivers
- Scheduling order shipments and tracking prompt delivery
- Scheduling orders pickups with specified carriers and coordinate details with warehouse staff.
- Ability to work off shifts to provide vacation/personal time off coverage as needed
- Exceed Turn Time Expectations on Loading
- Scheduling order release and assisting with proper employee work flows
- Investigating order problems/errors and shipping problems/errors
- Reviewing all routing guides for relevant data
- Creating proper logistics filing system, including carriers, routing, guides and other appropriate vendors and data
- Data entry of shipment data to prepare for sending ASN*s
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1 year inventory/distribution experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, potentially up to 12 hours at a time with breaks, for extended computer, phone, and paper work.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to- position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform computer work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and/or analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection of paperwork and computer work.
- The work is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make observations to ensure work is accurate and as requested.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Distribution Center environment with activities occurring both inside and outside. The worker is subject to hazards such as physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts or moving vehicles. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions due to office or administrative work.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBLITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
Back-up Distribution Supervisor
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job provides ensures timely product delivery to customers by accurately processing orders\loading trucks and disseminating work to our employees as expeditiously and efficiently as possible.