Customer Service Representatives Wanted!!!
The Customer Service Representative provides over-the-phone assistance to our customers. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Competitive wages - starting at $10.65
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment where supervisors and managers are available and ready to help you have a successful career!
- Training is provided!
- Third shift positions available as well as daytime shifts!
Customer Service Representative major responsibilities:
- Responds to customer inquiries and problems by providing timely and accurate information or directing inquiries to supervisor
- Follows and explains policy and procedure as outlined in operations and procedures manuals
- Treats each customer/caller with courtesy, dignity, and respect privacy.
- Meets or exceeds established performance requirement
- Enters data with an error of 1% or less for notation of transportation type, pickup times, appointment times, addresses, and other information as outlined in operations and procedures manuals
- Documents trip authorization according to procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of all policies and procedure changes
- Adheres to the work schedule in order to handle the call volume and contractual requirements, unless request made by supervisor
- All other duties as assigned
Customer Service Representative requirements:
- Customer service experience in call center environment
- Must be able to work an after hour schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to operate a computer and complete the process of inbound calls
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Follow policies and procedures received during training
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving abilities
- Ability to perceive, react and communicate positively to needs of colleagues and customers
- Ability to utilize a standard business telephone system for communication
- Able to operate a computer; proficient in Excel
- Complete any training requirements
We are located at 799 Roosevelt Road, Building 4, Suite 20, Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60137.
First Transit, Inc. has 60 years of experience and is one of the largest private-sector providers of mobility solutions in North America moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit, Inc. provides operation, management and consulting for more than 300 locations in 39 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India for transit authorities, state departments of transportation, municipalities, hospitals, universities and private companies. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup America is an Equal Opportunity Employer