Senior Auditor Internship (Summer 2019)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
|PURPOSE OF THE JOB|
- Plans, performs, reports, and follows up on audit assignments to ensure that within appropriate economic limitations: financial statements and reports comply with corporate policy, internal accounting controls are effective in promoting efficiency and protecting assets of Company, and operational policies promoting well-being of Company are enforced.
| ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Formulate plans for performing audit assignments.
- Prepare or revise audit programs to accomplish audit objectives and perform field work in accordingly.
- Prepare time budgets for completion of various audit steps.
- Draft audit reports and document audit work and compile audit work-papers to support audit results and conclusion.
- Review report draft findings and recommendations with company management.
- Evaluate responses to reports to determine reasonableness and suggests follow-up actions.
- Assist Internal Audit management and external auditors as required. Assist teams in meeting project deadline.
- Required Work Experience
- College-level coursework related to business, accounting, computer science, IT or healthcare field of study.
- Required Education
- High-School Diploma or GED in field of study
- One year attendance at accredited school pursuing a certificate or degree in business, accounting, computer science, IT or healthcare field of study.
- Required Licenses
- Required Certifications
- Required Job Skills
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perserverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and privacy requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
- Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Preferred Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Use of IDEA software (Level 3)
- Preferred Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- Identify solutions to meet customer needs
- Work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.
- Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.