The College of Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago is continuously seeking several full-time, eliable, enthusiastic, self-starting Dental Clinic Clerk I who enjoys working in a diverse, clinical/teaching environment. Dental Clinic Clerks perform a variety of patient-related dental support functions such as a high volume of telephone communications, patient check-in, establishing and maintaining dental charts, completing treatment related forms, and collecting/posting all forms of patient payments. The Dental Clinic Clerk I serves as an essential link between the dental care unit and various services and staff. This position is patient centered for service and is the primary point of contact with Spanish speaking patients for service and satisfaction as well as financial responsibility. This position has an hourly rate of $16.86 per hour.
The ideal candidates will be bilingual in Spanish and English, have experience working in a dental health organization, the ability to work with a variety of partners, enjoy working in a diverse teaching environment, and a deep commitment to excellence.
The College of Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago is continuously seeking Extra Help (temporary) Dental Clinic Clerks at level I to work on short- term assignments. The Dental Clinc Clerk I must be reliable, enthusiastic, and enjoy working in a diverse, clinical/teaching environment. Temporary assignments are limited to 900 hours and are non-benefits eligible. Hourly Rate of Pay is $16.68.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
* Posts and/or verifies patient account payment received via mail from third party payers or patients or through direct interaction with the patient. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required
* Provides point of contact for inquires, concerns and solutions related to patient's services and account issues. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* Primary contact for all incoming phone calls to the practice. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* Cash handling responsibilities for the individual clinic. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required
* Assist in the gathering of data for financial reporting and statistical analysis.
* Perform data entry of various transactions associated with the collection of revenues for patient care services and patient demographic data. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* In accordance with College guidelines, monitors patient accounts receivable balances and makes adjustments to account balances, when indicated
* Confirms the validity and accuracy of patient care transactions and submits claims to third party payers for services rendered.
* Responds to routine inquires from patients in order to provide or clarify information regarding the patient's account balance. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* Initial point of contact for patient complaints; refer issues to managing partner/clinic manager as necessary. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* Provides appointment scheduling and confirmation, for both regular and hygiene cases. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* Reports customer feedback to supervisors, student providers, and other College personnel, as appropriate.
* Verifies patient information (address, phone, insurance) at time of check in. Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is required.
* Run and prepare standardized reports for manager partner (i.e. production, unapproved procedures, pts not seen etc.)
* Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One year (12 months) experience:
(a) Certified Dental Assistant in a dental clinic facility, program, or in dentistry practice if required by employing institution (MUST upload certifications)
(b) credit for college/ university course work and/or training in dental care, health care related areas, or closely related dental areas (MUST upload transcripts)
*15 semester hours = six (6) months
*30 semester hours = twelve (12) months
(c) customer service/management in a dental setting