The Dental X-ray Technician II will perform pre-approved intra-oral dental and
maxillofacial radiographic imaging examinations on patients of record at UIC/COD
including intraoral, panoramic/skull images as well as evaluating technical quality of
images taken by students. The Dental X-ray Technician II will monitor, instruct and
teach the acquisition of intra-oral images and panoramic images on manikins and
patients of record, interact with students and residents via demonstration and
explanation and acquire 3-dimensional imaging data sets. The hourly rate for this position is $15.23 per hour.
1. Demonstrate proper technique for acquiring diagnostically acceptable films/images
to students. Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish to patients while
instructing students on this matter.
2. Determine when re-taking an image is necessary and monitor/instruct students in
corrective measures. Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish to patients
while instructing students on this matter.
3. Demonstrate proper infection control technique and radiation safety protocols.
4. Ensure compliance with posted and intranet-published college protocols related to
infection control and radiation safety
5. Evaluate and instruct students to develop technical skill and competence.
6. Complete online computer assignments related to teaching and clinic as
mandated by UIC and or the COD.
7. Comply with all dress code mandates, time reporting requirements,
8. Respond to instructions from Clinic Coordinator, division head and UIC
9. Other duties as assigned.
a. 1 year (12 months) of experience or training in a clinical work experience focusing
on the acquisition and evaluation dental/maxillofacial images comparable to that of a
Level I of this series
b. credit for college/ university/vocational training in dental/maxillofacial radiology
15 semester hours = six (6) months
30 semester hours = twelve (12) months