With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2018. Learn more at .
Global Sourcing Intern
The successful Global Sourcing Intern will lead multiple assigned projects supporting the key business/functional stakeholders to ensure the right partner(s) to deliver high quality, dependable supply at optimum value to the organization. This role will have full accountability for assigned global projects, with emphasis on strategy development, value creation, supplier relationship management to ensure stable supply chain while delivering optimum value.
Key Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
This role includes but is not limited to:
* Administers strong Supplier Relationship Management to minimize supply risk while delivering year-over-year value creation reflected in connectivity with business.
* Monitor processes and provide reports on progress and achievement of business objectives.
* Optimize resources allocation and utilization. With global presence, develops/maintains detailed category profile, complete with accurate market intelligence, to drive proper sourcing strategy. Financial/Business Accountability
* Primary accountability for the performance or function within a business unit and / or own work. * Limited cost exposure impact on functional performance. Strategy
* Develops the tactical plan for the area of accountability as a reference point to execute strategy.
* Provides input into attainment of strategy for area of accountability.Identifies emerging issues relevant to area of accountability and adjusts execution plan to address issues. Influence
* May build and maintain relationships with constituents outside Company to support business needs.
* Interacts with other departments to coordinate activities. Decision Making Impact and consequences of decisions, level of influence in decision making.
* Makes decisions using detailed analysis, integration and constructive thinking.
* Decisions are guided by functional / geographic strategies, priorities and business objectives.
* Has responsibility for making decisions and managing risks that would have limited and short term impact on the assets of the Company.
Education and Work Experience Education
In pursuit of Bachelor's Degree (RQ), Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering Degree; MBA (Preferred but not required)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply, Materials Science, Supply Chain, MBA, Engineering, Operations, Science, Management