Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world.
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 10th Year in a Row -
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
The Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the “Pay-It-Forward Project” – the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
In this role you will:
- Under direct supervision of professional staff, provides entry-level professional support services in a specialty field, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the department
- Assists in the planning and implementation of assigned projects
- Participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization
- Uses acquired knowledge and skills to carry out and complete project activities
- Attend staff meetings and serve on project teams as required
- Maintain knowledge and ensure the protection of hardware/software system security policies, practices and requirements
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and procedures
You should have:
- Currently pursuing a degree in higher education or recent graduate of high education
- Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and ability to work within Excel
- Perform rate competitive studies
- Test existing rate calculators
- Assist with rate filing work as directed by other actuaries.
- Study claims and premium trends.
- Accumulate forecast projections into summary documents.
- Build models and interpret results.
- Support the execution of key strategic initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities employer.