Name: Electrical Engineering Manager
Req #: 243
Location: Waukesha CORP
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager to join our expanding Connectivity team. This role will lead a team of Firmware Engineers, Hardware Engineers, and supporting technicians developing hardware solutions and enhancements across the globe.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all engineering activities including new product introductions, cost reduction, technology/research, and lifecycle product support. The position requires excellent technical engineering knowledge coupled with superior people leadership skills, proficiency in quality systems, functional and program management experience and business planning expertise. This position works closely with the business group and other functional leaders in the company (service, operations, supply chain, finance) and is responsible for providing executive leadership and management for the industrial/commercial engineering function. Responsible for devising and effectively implementing a development methodology that ensures superior industrial/commercial products while also fostering and rewarding innovation and creativity within the engineering department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with stakeholders in developing a global product development roadmap that targets specific customers' needs.
- Work with leaders to realize significant growth opportunities in the residential/industrial/commercial marketplace.
- Effectively manage the development process (e.g. develop time compression techniques, design/application standards for improved repeatability, manage process globally/across multiple locations).
- Manages issues specific to industrial/commercial market such as shipping, cost, and bidding process.
- Foster collaboration between engineering, sales, operations, finance, and other departments to identify and harvest new engineering concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Manage expenses ensure regulatory compliance and support corporate goals (e.g. revenue growth, profitability, market penetration).
- Provide engineering leadership and design oversight functions for new product development projects including: creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (schedule, product cost, resources to complete project, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and prove out of product validation test plans, etc.), interfacing with internal company personnel.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet industrial/commercial product development requirements, per the sales/marketing plan.
- Develop and lead the product development life cycle which includes interaction from the various business segments throughout design, manufacturability, and serviceability providing our customers the very best in innovation, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement. Challenges team members to question the status quo and ensure that all aspects of the design, development and support process are optimal for the industrial/commercial market.
- Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Engage in and lead business planning processes, recruitment, retention, talent acquisition, development, and mentoring.
- Develop engineering talent throughout the company, identifying training and growth plans for employees.
- Establish the vision and strategy to drive world class excellence within engineering team. Drive results that are specifically targeted to the residential/industrial/commercial market. Establishes and leads process with corporate planning and new product development teams.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge of Agile development methods;
- Experience with global product releases throughout the entire product life cycle desired
- Knowledge/experience with connected or IoT products
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple global projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."