WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 12 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, excellent legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and fostering an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, teamwork and collegiality by drawing on the extraordinary talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
Are you ready to join us?
Under general supervision, responsible for entry level accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Prepare reclass journal entries each month as requested by department managers.
- Prepare account reconciliations and research reconciling items.
- Answer daily email requests sent to the General Accounting distribution email.
- Pull invoice copies, Elite screen shots, timekeeper statistics, and supporting payment detail for internal and external audits.
- Pulling paid vouchers from Chrome River for internal and external audits.
- Scan and attach vendor invoice copies of purchased capital assets into our fixed asset system.
- Distributing fixed asset tags for newly capitalized assets.
- Assist Staff Accountant with clearing matched items in the 3e bank reconciliation tool.
- Assist Staff Accountants with preparing quarterly and annual government surveys as well as the annual census survey.
- Scan, copy and file electronic and hard copies of over 135 monthly reconciliations for the department as well as European offices.
- Assists the GL team in researching reconciling items on balance sheet accounts
- Participates in or manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use PC-based and on-line technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software currently in use at WH.
- Knowledge of the relationship of the financial function to the overall operation and management of an organization.
- Ability to operate in a manner consistent with a professional business environment, as well as the ability to understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality with regards to client and Firm activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels at WH.
- Business math skills as necessary to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages, read and create graphs, develop formulas, calculate and interpret statistics.
- Ability to compile data and information based on established procedures, perform data entry and run established reports using spreadsheet and database applications as needed.
- Ability to make routine decisions based on established policies and procedures, clear objectives, and business/professional standards.
- Good oral communication skills as necessary to communicate and coordinate with others on varied and occasionally complex issues.
- Knowledge of business writing skills including: business English, vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, and spelling in order to present information that requires some origination and/or compilation.
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Preferably a 3rd or 4th year student.
No experience required.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability