Corporate Applications Intern - HR
In this support role on AlixPartners' Corporate Services team, you will work with our in-house People IT team, building and supporting Key People applications.
The Corporate Applications Intern - People is a short term/full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the People IT Business Relationship Manager. Paid relocation and benefits are not available for this position.Key Responsibilities:
- Learn and be trained in cutting edge cloud technologies such as Oracle HCM Fusion Cloud and Cornerstone on Demand
- Participate in application upgrades and software testing
- Create and update existing technical documentation
- Learn and use tools to test cloud-based applications; perform functional testing in pre-production environments.
- Contribute to test case development with primary responsibility to execute pre-developed test cases.
- Work on automating manual processes using recent technology
- Respond to some of the level 3 support requests
- Report defects, including steps and data necessary to reproduce.
- Additional duties as identified
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Work on real-world LOB applications from a learning/collaborative centric environment.
- Gain experience and exposure to HR functions within organizations and IT's contributions to it.
- Understand delivering IT-solutions into non-IT business organizations.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Utilize and improve communications skill, both oral and written.
- Gain experience working on multiple projects at the same time (time/priority management).
- Learn the value of and balance around software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project management processes in an IT environment.
- Applicant is part of a co/op or Intern program (e.g., Kettering, Lawrence Tech, etc.)
- Has been exposed to or taken courses in or has an interest to learn IT Cloud based systems and or HR systems functions.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Dependable with strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in an office environment and be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges.
AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Bronze award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.