Name: Manufacturing Engineer II
Employment Type: Full Time
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ongoing process improvement initiatives that deliver excellence across entire value chain. This position develops and improves manufacturing processes and product quality by studying product and manufacturing methods, identifying areas of improvement, and working with manufacturing personnel to ensure plans are implemented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for coordinating the successful launch of New Product Introductions (NPI) within Operations.
* Contribute to facility transformation, technology transfer and ongoing maintenance of mixed model lines or value streams.
* Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation.
* Implement demand driven principles and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans. (Flexibility, Speed & Responsiveness)
* Ensure product, material and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
* Contribute to creation of innovative ideas to improve business results.
* Deploy standard Generac tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
* Implement objectives to include continuous improvement initiatives to achieve customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs.
* Work closely with shop floor personnel to promote ongoing continuous improvement of manufacturing methods, systems and controls.
* Responsible for area layouts, process definition, PLC programing, design/selection, justification, and implementation of equipment, programs, and tooling.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology
- 3 years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment.
- 3 years of experience in tool design
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."