The Senior Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing activities associated with freight transportation, including carrier selection, cost controls, assisting with rate negotiations and carrier management. Responsible for transportation leverage and performance through spend management, core carrier selection and routing compliance, mode and consolidation, performance metrics and multi-site transportation leverage and alignment. Accountable to generate savings year over year while driving continuous improvement and compliance to all logistics practices and policies
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field OR equivalent related experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment
- 5 years experience in Corporate Logistics
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP;
- Familiarity with international logistics
- Strong familiarity with freight claims process
- Familiar with freight bill payment and audit process
- MS Office, with advanced Excel skills;
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Knowledge of freight transportation laws and regulations
- Ability to analyze data and respond to trends
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel within WI Generac facilities.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."