Job Summary: The SAP Basis Technical Lead is responsible for providing technical support and high-level technical expertise for SAP systems. Responsible for configuring, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting the environment, as well as scheduling normal BASIS support with contract BASIS resource(s) and Generac's infrastructure team. Providing advanced SAP Basis support with connectivity and technical integration of third party applications, services, and custom business process that integrate with SAP. Will help lay the ground work and be an integral part of Generac's transition to S/4HANA.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Associates degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 12 years basis experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science
- Experience successfully completing multiple SAP projects, including technical release upgrades, migrations, and installations using SAP tools such as SWPM and SUM
- SAP technology training or certifications in HANA Administration and/or S/4 System Conversions
- Experience completing an S/4 System Conversion project from either a lead or hands-on role
- Experience successfully configuring HANA Dynamic Tiering
- Experience simplifying SAP user provisioning and authentication using SAP ABAP LDAP integration, Central User Administration (CUA), and SSO technologies such as SNC/Kerberos, SPNEGO, and SAML
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in the normal periodic tasks required to maintain SAP landscapes, such as SAP security fixes (Hot News notes), SAP kernel patches, OS updates, SAP client copies and refreshes, SAP note corrections, SAP Support Packs, etc.
- Knowledge of Connectivity and technical integration of third party applications, services, and custom business process that integrate with SAP
- Advanced knowledge of SAP Basis support for an environment consisting of Solution Manager, ECC, CRM, PI, ME/MII, Fiori, SLT, HANA sidecar, BOBJ, Cloud Connector, Web Dispatcher, Content Server, SAP Commerce (Hybris)
- General knowledge of selective data refresh tools such as GoldClient, EPI-USE or SAP TDMS
- Ability to define and implement an SAP data archive strategy
- Working knowledge of SAP security best practices in a SOX compliant environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."