Name: Mechanical Engineering Intern
Req #: 770
Location: Waukesha CORP
Employment Type: Intern
Shift: 1st Shift
Your future is so bright with Generac Power Systems! Generac's Intern position is responsible to work with other engineers to fulfill special design requests on our products. Under supervision of engineers, the intern will create definitions of parts and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, and service. You will also create Pro-E models, drawings and templates as well as make changes to BOM's. Participants develop technical skills through challenging assignments and usage of technical tools. Our Engines team is looking to add an intern in January of 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market
- provide new product development support in the Industrial, Commercial, Residential, and/or Retail generator or Power Tool product area including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs, supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs), interfacing with internal company personnel, provide technical support for assigned projects
- specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, test, and integrates standard, less complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost(including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety. Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bill of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers, and product specialists to optimize basic designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans(schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Currently pursuing a BS degree (preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Civil Engineering).
- Understanding or working knowledge of Pro-E and/or AutoCAD experience.
- Microsoft Office Experience (including Excel).
- Proficient oral and written communication and able to write clearly and succinctly to get a message across.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders,. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."