Name: Global Sourcing Specialist
Req #: 776
Location: Waukesha CORP
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Generac Power Systems is looking for a Global Sourcing Specialist at our Waukesha, WI location!
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for various Sourcing activities while networking within a dynamic, people focused environment. The position is responsible for interacting with various suppliers, internal customers, and analysts on a daily basis while executing projects, improving process, and improving execution across a growing, global organization. The Sourcing Specialist is also responsible for a number of diverse actions within the organization, with principal focus on sourcing, supplier management, and supplier development, maintaining an agile and aggressive supply base while procuring high quality goods at a fair and competitive price
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect Market Intelligence Data;
- Develop comprehensive request for proposals, analysis and reporting of benchmarking information;
- Prepare presentations for supplier management activities including supplier strategy and negotiation;
- Identify new suppliers to support life cycle product strategy for new, existing, or end of life products;
- Develop, negotiate, and update Supplier Agreements as required;
- Review and develop process documentation as advised by cross-functional teams;
- Record and audit reported savings and total cost of ownership;
- Maintain and process required documentation.
- Develop retention policy as required;
- Aid in material management escalations;
- Support Category Manager and Aftermarket Operations with component life cycle management
- Develop Supplier Directory and other compliance/analytical support as required;
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or related field OR equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 1 year experience in Supply Chain role or related work environment
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong data manipulation skills to include database application knowledge;
- Solid quantitative and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel - up to 30% of the time.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."