Name: Senior Manager Compensation and Benefits
Req #: 53701
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
The Senior Manager of Compensation and Benefits Manager's key responsibilities include driving the design, development, planning, implementation, management and compliance of benefit & reward programs for Generac. aligning with our Total Reward Philosophy. This role ts will monitor trends to determine the best compensation and benefit plans and looks for ways to improve the current processes, practices and policies. Additionally, they ensure the timely execution of internal compensation benefits and compensations processes throughout the year. This position will also provide consulting and support to the building of global compensation programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and design compensation programs such as base pay, incentives (for all levels of the organization including sales) and equity. Including budgeting, salary structure development, salary increases and incentive pay program design and administration.
Provide advanced analysis and generate complex reports from large databases; create and manipulate complex databases to manage employee data and competitive compensation data
Support Job evaluation architecture and compensation structure in accordance with the levels of importance and responsibility to the organization
Provide training, guidance and recommendations to HR and managers around job analysis, job descriptions and appropriate Benefits
Provide global compensation guidance by obtaining market data and working with local HR partners.
As advisor will manage and design health and welfare programs including medical, disability, 401k plans etc.
Manage vendor relationships and contracts with benefits brokers, to include ongoing evaluation for competitive offerings and efficiencies.
Partner and leverage benefits consultant/broker to assess and analyze current trends and self-funded financial performance of our company benefit plans; provides regular reporting and strategic recommendations based on company and employee requirements and fiscal drivers.
Evaluate and compare existing company benefits to market by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
Oversight for global benefit offerings
Drive and recommend wellness initiatives
Provide training and consulting to HR, lines of business and HR Shared Service Team on compensation and benefit programs.
Assure that existing and new benefit and compensation programs are adaptable to standardized computer and reporting systems.
Assure company compliance with provisions of state and federal compensation and benefit regulations including ACA, HIPPA, records retention, ERISA, SOX compliance, IRS, Department of labor, insurance commissioners, etc. and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
Develop the organization's global mobility programs and activities to meet the organization's objectives with internal and external market competitiveness. These programs include expatriate assignments (long-term and short-term), US Domestic and international mobility/relocation.
Support leadership for preparation for Benefit and Compensation Committees.
Other Duties as assigned: Benefit and Compensation program budgeting
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Finance, Management or related field
* 7+ year's benefits and compensation experience with at least 1 year or more in the manufacturing industry.
* 3+ years benefits and compensation experience at a manager level including building compensation and benefit strategies for a total rewards package
* Advanced expertise with Microsoft Office, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel including v-lookup, pivot tables and charts.
* Advanced knowledge of HR Information Systems and reporting.
* CEBS certification a plus.
* Experience in Ceridian Systems
* Experience working globally
* Experience with sales incentive plans and systems
* Experience with market pay programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Able to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
* Organized with exceptional attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
* Self-starter who adapts to change who is able to work both independently as well as with a team.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a focused attention to details and the ability to analyze, organize, and effectively communicate complex ideas including executive presentations.
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENCE: Will report directly to the Senior Director of Total Rewards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional Travel
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."