Name: Training Specialist - Sales Program
Req #: 53615
Location: Waukesha CLEAN
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Generac Power Systems is looking for a Training Specialist for our Sales Program at our Waukesha, WI location!
The Training Specialist - Sales Program is responsible preparing and delivering training to both internal employees and dealer/installation partners via classroom setting, webinar presentation, in person one on one, or over the phone coaching. This role is be responsible for maintaining a deep level of understanding of Generac products and processes and simplifying the material into comprehensive training material for employees with varying levels of knowledge/technical abilities. Classes may include: product feature/benefits stories, troubleshooting, and sales or customer support techniques as applicable. Coordinate with departments to create appropriate content. Conduct post-training surveys and needs assessments. In addition, this role is responsible for providing advanced technical support to our external dealer/installation partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver product, systems, process and business training curriculum to employees, subject matter experts ("train the trainer"), and dealer/installation partners. Present baseline technical information in addition to appropriate skills needed to support effective sales or customer support as appropriate.
- Leverages feedback from internal and external stakeholders and metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvement for order management. Partners with appropriate leadership to implement changes and provides feedback to leadership team on impacts.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify training options and improvements including analyzing success of training programs through training assessments to trend and reduce turnover. Create dashboards to track metrics and progress of training
- Respond timely to inquiries and requests for assistance from employees and external partners. Support improvements to Generac systems (i.e. PowerPlay) to better support employees and partners. Activities may include reporting system bugs, providing continuous feedback, and partnering on testing improvements.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience in sales or customer support environment
- 1 year experience training, mentoring, or coaching employees or external parties on technical products
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in SAP or other ERP system
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint
- Prior experience in preparing and assessing training material
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional level of attention to detail, follow through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and shifting priorities, moving deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Up to 60% travel (some international) and valid Driver's License and Passport required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."