Name: Business Analyst I
Req #: 53791
Location: Waukesha CORP
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Global Headquarters in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is seeking a Business Analyst I to join our growing Connectivity Team.
The Connectivity Business Analyst I is responsible for helping implement software solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to facilitators and partners. Managing, prioritizing and providing detailed functional requirements of products or features to the software development team as identified by the product owners or managers, is the key element of the position. This must be completed consistently to insure efficient delivery of solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing and consistently delivering actionable, detailed stories and business requirements, based on direction given by the product owner, analysis and insights gained from stakeholders (business SMEs, software development team, UI/UX). Foster collaboration across team to achieve optimized solutions.
- Use of data to drive analysis and decision making regarding feature priority, and process optimization in assistance of the product owner.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining BA best-practice processes within the Connectivity team and cross-functionally. Documentation and communication of results.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3+ months experience in a business analyst, software development, or product management role (full-time, internship, co-op, or contract experience)
- Prior software development experience including web and mobile applications
- Knowledgeable in conceptual modeling; capacity to see the big picture and envision possible solutions
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize their tasks, time-box time spent on analysis and consistently deliver work-product
- Ability to facilitate a team to consensus on scope, design decisions, and implementation decisions
- Knowledge of utilizing scrum/agile ceremonies such as standups, sprint planning, and sprint review processes to deliver software solutions
- Ability to ask strong questions to help the team see areas that may lead to problems
- Ability to document requirements formally or informally depending on the need of the project
- Understanding of the agile development process
- Familiarity with requirements techniques such as, user stories, use cases, and informal modeling.
- Ability to work as part of large implementation team that executes in agile fashion
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."