Reporting to the Director of New Product Development, the Mechanical Drafter is responsible for creation of CAD models, CAD drawings and product design documentation for the New product Development team.
- Using 3D parametric CAD techniques, establish and document new designs, processes and products using existing G&W Engineering CAD practices and procedures.
- Operate with moderate supervision. Work assignments may be presented through drawing markups, conceptual drawings or models and free hand sketches. Supervisor prioritizes work assignments.
- Assist Project Engineers and Engineering Managers with projects to enhance existing and develop new product lines.
- Manage multiple assignments and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Generate drawing packets, which document components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies, that are used by internal and external customers.
- Using 3D modeling practices, prepare models and drawings that will be used by the Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineers and Advanced Manufacturing to document assemblies and Bills of Materials.
- Work with quality department to inspect and approve parts on first article; work with quality to resolve issues with NCR'd parts.
- Provide technical support to the Product Development Team during prototype builds and production pilots.
- High School Diploma with Relevant work Experience or Applicable Technology Certificate
- >2 years work experience in Engineering design, and / or development preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with power engineering systems fundamentals preferred.
- Experience creating drawings, models or assemblies on CAD software is necessary, Electrical Schematics preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules.
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and suppliers.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and project applications is required
- Experience in electrical and basic mechanical troubleshooting.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- CREO Software
- Experience with using PDM software
- Experience with GD&T
VEVRAA Federal Contractor