Name: Inside Sales Representative l
Req #: 53776
Location: Waukesha CORP
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
The Inside Sales Representative - Industrial is responsible for supporting our Industrial Distributors and National Account Customers on opportunities throughout various stages of the sales process. This position is focused on delivering exceptional support within an assigned region for the Generac Industrial Power Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and retain relationships with industrial distributors by offering various levels of support throughout the sales process.
- Lead and drive administrative and operational sales functions
- Assist distributors with various product related inquiries using in-depth product knowledge
- Utilize consultative sales skills to cross-sell complex products to exceed distributors' needs
- Resolve issues and technical questions from customers and distributors
- Act as first point of contact for technical questions and technical documentation requests
- Monitor distributor project activity and pipeline information within a CRM, including running reports and monitoring project status;
- Review and facilitate discount requests (e.g., smart pricing discounts and quarterly promotions);
Other Duties as assigned and the following:
- Deliver sales presentations, product updates, marketing information, training sessions, and various notifications to customers within the distribution network;
- Introduce distributors to channel and marketing related programs;
- Introduce customers to the Generac program and train them to use Generac web portals;
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years' experience in sales, customer service or with a power generation OEM;
- Valid driver's license with the ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrated achievement in a direct sales role;
- Experience selling industrial or technical products with an electrical or mechanical background;
- Experience supporting a distribution network with a technical product;
- Experience delivering presentations, conducting training and providing product solutions;
- Experience with preparing quotations and interpreting product specifications;
- Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP;
- Experience working with a CRM program;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products in a professional environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well-developed problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing, to build and establish lasting relationships;
- The ability to manage multiple accounts and facilitate a high volume of requests;
- Self-determination to exceed Generac Industrial Distributors satisfaction is essential.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Up to 15% travel and valid Driver's License required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."