Name: Quality Manager
Req #: 53873
Location: Jefferson CORP
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Jefferson, Wisconsin is seeking a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing facility wide quality assurance programs designed to ensure continuous improvement in production and conformance to all established standards in a high product mix environment. This role drives capable, predictable, and repeatable (CPR) processes throughout the product assembly process. The Quality Manager is responsible for coordinating and leading assigned resources and employees to meet or exceed company quality and business objectives.
This position reports directly to the Director Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute a multi-year quality improvement plan for the facility to climb the value chain from Quality Control to Quality Assurance to Excellence.
- Set the quality expectations of the organization to satisfy the requirements of our customers.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by developing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Establish product quality goals, metrics, and test methods during product design and development.
Direct policy and procedure for inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Drive down total value chain expense with the use of quality goals, performance metrics and improvement initiatives.
- Execute and promote the Generac Quality Management System.
- Oversee deployment of standard Generac quality tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes
- Direct root cause investigations addressing internal failures and customer complaints and facilitates corrective actions.
- Present quality metrics and analysis regularly to Senior Management team and external customers as needed.
- Coach and collaborate with business leaders and team members to apply and share a common vision for excellence processes and technologies.
- Define resource needs and works within budget and staffing parameters to accomplish objectives for area of responsibility.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Industrial Technology OR equivalent experience
- 5 years of progressive Engineering experience with a focus on quality management
- 2 years of experience leading, mentoring and coaching individuals and teams
- Master's Degree
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle)
- Quality Manager Certification, Quality Engineer Certification, and/or demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma methodology
- Expert knowledge in the implementation of lean principles and improvements
- Experience working with international companies and in a matrix organization
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple sites and functions to drive common solutions
- Solid quantitative skill set and the ability to analyze and communicate with well-supported data
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."