Name: Website Development Team Lead
Req #: 53917
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
*The formal title for this position is Website Technical Supervisor
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our corporate headquarters in Waukesha, WI has a new opportunity available for a Website Technical Supervisor.
Primary responsibility for leading the technical development of Generac's public-facing websites and supporting the technical needs of broader digital marketing activities. This position is the point person for ongoing development of Generac.com and related websites, directly working with internal customers to define necessary changes and improvements. The Website Technical Supervisor leads the development team in executing on those projects and tasks, including hands-on development work. This role serves as a broader technical resource in support of related digital marketing activities, such as email and marketing technology platforms. Lastly, this role has direct responsibility for administering the website infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead website development workstreams, from requirements collection through development, testing, and deployment
- Create and maintain documentation of website and related platforms and systems
- Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- In conjunction with the IT Infrastructure team, administer the website infrastructure to maintain 24/7/365 availability of the websites
- Provide broader technical expertise on related topics, such as databases, email, DNS, web services/APIs, and marketing technology platforms
- Provide off-hours support of the website as needed
- Responsible for leading the development and ongoing maintenance of content layouts and page layouts on Generac websites using Kentico on behalf of the Digital Marketing team
- Interface with Marketing leaders to enhance user experience based on data analysis
- Collaborate with Digital team to test and analyze campaign landing pages
- Identify opportunities to leverage web-based technologies to improve business results
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 3 years' experience developing within Content Management Systems, such as Kentico, Sitecore, or Sitefinity
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring technical employees
- Experience in SQL server database design and development
- Experience interacting with web services and APIs, Google analytics, Adobe Suite for editing images
- Experience collaborating with Marketing teams
- Leadership ability
- Project management skills
- Ability to be in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied projects
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Knowledge of and ability to stay current with trending topics in website development and marketing technology
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."