Name: Staff Systems Engineer
Req #: 53936
Location: Waukesha CORP
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Staff Engineer.
The Staff Systems Engineer is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing. The Staff Engineer will have a primary focus on systems integration for liquid cooled Generators. They will work with multiple engineering teams (Core and Product) to translate new features and subsystems into system level roadmaps and product requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives the input, assessment and system trade-off of core technology and sub-system architectures into product roadmaps, architecture and system design concepts
- Seeks to optimize balance of performance, features, quality and cost of proposed system products
- Defines platform architectures to support commonality across product lines or families
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of increasingly complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of increasingly complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize increasingly complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with power generation products
- Experience with Matlab Simulink
- Experience in new product design and development
- Experience with machine design;
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects of increasing complexity
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certified
- Design experience with a variety of materials (ie plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use;
- Ability to conduct analysis using FEA, CFD, etc;
- Active participant in technical communities tied to industry standards or regulations;
- Strong written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Able to solve complex engineering problems;
- Strong technical skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks);
- MS Excel, MS Word; MS Project
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."