Company Generac Power Systems
Name Automation Machine Technician I (1st Shift)
Req # 54062
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
The Machine Technician I is responsible for operating, troubleshooting and maintaining computer-controlled systems and robotic devices to manufacture products in a cost effective and timely manner, while fulfilling quality standards. The Machine Technician I will complete all clean-up and housekeeping procedures, comply with all safety, quality and work rules and regulations including wearing all appropriate PPE.
Troubleshoot issues and determine if problems are mechanical, electrical or from the computer system controlling process. Once diagnosed, must repair or replace necessary components with assistance from peers or supervisors depending on the level and complexity.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of manufacturing experience, including knowledge of manufacturing processes, automation or related experience
- Associates degree in automated technology or Electro-Mechanical Robotics related field.
- Demonstrated experience effectively training other employees to work instructions/standard work.
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system (Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics).
- Demonstrated experience in root cause problem solving (5 Why, 8D, PDCA, etc.).
- The ability to understand control Plans and Execute Reaction plans and troubleshoot guides and flow diagrams
- The ability to read and understand Engineering prints, equipment schematics and drawings.
- Resolve problems with assistance from peers or supervisors depending on the level and complexity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."