PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Proposal Development Intern position supports development of federal, state, and commercial proposal planning, preparation, and production. The position also supports development and maintenance of proposal support infrastructure and tools, such as SharePoint and resources.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Support Proposal Team in developing and editing resources such as resumes, project descriptions, best-in-class technical and management sections, and other materials that writers can use to prepare proposals. Intern can expect to learn about proposal writing style and techniques, which merges business, technical, and marketing perspectives.
2. Review solicitations and requests for information to determine customer requirements. Summarize requirements. Work with Proposal Manager to communicate requirements. Work with Proposal Coordinator to ensure compliance with requirements. Intern can expect to learn how to analyze complex documents, how to use analysis tools, and about federal and commercial proposal development and procurement processes.
3. Review submitted proposals and support Proposal Center SharePoint team in extracting and posting materials. Intern can expect to learn about SharePoint structure and tools (e.g., tagging) and about teaching teams how to use SharePoint for collaboration and knowledge management.
4. Support Proposal Team in final production of all proposals, including all documents/attachments for electronic and hard copy submissions. Intern can expect to learn compliance with solicitation requirements, including file naming conventions, binding, formatting, and delivery requirements.
5. Intern will be given opportunity to interact with technical, contractual, financial, and HR functions related to proposal development, review, and approval. Intern can expect to learn about the multiple roles and responsibilities associated with developing proposals for federal, state, and commercial customers.
HS Graduate or GED
Course of Study/Major: English, Communication, Technical Writing, Professional Writing, Business degree with strong writing component
Related Work Experience: 0-2 years
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate or Master's degree program
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work under pressure of deadlines. Excellent communication skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to be detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- SharePoint Knowledge preferred
SCOPE of POSITION:
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management.
High School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)