In the role of Parts Specialist working in Waukesha you will be part of the Service team. The Parts Specialist will be responsible for exercising their excellent customer service skills while providing support to our Service Parts/Dealer Network. The Parts Specialist will be responsible for handling a large volume of phone calls while providing support to the Dealer Network. This team provides information on service part programs, orders, shipments, returns, part identification and material availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeks out answers to questions within the materials and tools available
- Provide accurate information to the Dealer Network in a friendly manner
- Escalate calls appropriately ensuring a soft transition if an inquiry is beyond scope of knowledge
- Achieve goals for incoming customer inquiries via call and e-mail
- Maintain product knowledge through training and continuing education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience handling a high volume of inbound calls or working in a customer support role
- 2 year technical degree
- Experience working with gas and diesel driven engine systems
- Experience with auto parts look up and technical understanding
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Great Reasons to work for Generac: Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
- State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, café, free parking and many employee activities
- Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
- Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
- We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
- Each Friday we relax in our jeans!
- Product loan and discount programs
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”