Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Mission:We are on a journey to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Ethos:We value how ideas take shape - in a conversation, a prototype, a dream. Inspiration flows through our studio, homes, and minds. With one drop of inspiration, the idea begins to spread and the smallest idea quickly grows to something bigger than us. That's by design. As with our games, we are advancing the industry - one idea at a time. We are Ripple Effect.
- Community first
- Excellence through iteration
- Quality in our craft
- Bold risk taking
- Honesty & transparency
- Creative diversity
We are looking for experienced VFX Artists like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to enhance ourselves and our craft.
- Create stunning real-time visual effects using a mastery of high-quality particle effects, textures, and shaders
- Optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms
- Work with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems
Skills We Look For:
- Experience with Houdini and dynamic simulations
- Experience with Photoshop, Maya or 3DS Max
- Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
- Experience with Python scripting or equivalent
- Familiar with PBR workflows
- Strong proficiency in technical problems solving
- Collaborate effectively within a team
- Previous game production experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.