Interested in working in our Field Service team by contributing with your desire to learn and passion for science? Do you enjoy traveling and meeting new people?
The Field Service Trainee position is an exciting Entry Level position that is comprised of extensive training and the opportunity to travel in our Service Department. Once the training period is completed successfully, you would be promoted to your own Service Territory when the opportunity comes available.
- Perform Shop Repairs by troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and calibrating customer, applications, and service equipment, focusing primarily on the Thermal and Rheology line of instruments.
- Assist in packaging repaired instruments and facilitate rush Service shipments on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a dedicated area for Customer Repairs holding in queue for repair, with items properly stored and identified.
- Establish and maintain prompt professional communications, both written and verbal, with customers and internal resources.
- Travel frequently with current Field Service Specialists to gain knowledge and experience of the position.
- Assist Field Service Specialists with service calls in their territory as needed.
As the candidate's training advances, the position will require the following duties:
- Provide customer support, install, calibrate, diagnose and repair, and use all currently supported Rheology and/or Thermal instrument models and accessories. Gain a working knowledge of applications for these products.
- Provide detailed training to customers after installation, instructing them on hardware and software operation.
- Prepare a variety of reports and paperwork to document work in progress, completed work, and other necessary tracking paperwork; submit required paperwork on a timely basis to department management.
- Maintain up-to-date manuals, service tools, service documentation, inventory levels and other materials needed for effectiveness.
- Provide information to customers regarding service products and offerings; effectively sell service products and contracts.
Once the training period is completed, incumbents in this position will be transferred to a field service position when an opening exists. This transfer will likely require relocation to a major metropolitan area in the US.
- Knowledge normally acquired through the completion of an Associates Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or related field of study preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 0-2 years in the service, repair and installation of instruments, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior field service or field support experience is highly desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to make practical decisions based off sound judgment without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated aptitude in the use of a variety of desktop computer hardware, operating systems and applications software such as Microsoft Excel®, Word®, etc.
- Must be able to relocate
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel both by ground and air carrier.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.