Company Generac Power Systems
Name Plant Accountant - Whitewater
Req # 54924
Location Whitewater CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
GENERAC is seeking a Plant Accountant! In this role, you will be responsible for partnership with executive business group leadership to drive comprehensive understanding of cost performance and planning at the Company's domestic manufacturing facilities. This role will also drive forecasted cost modeling allowing for strategic planning on capacity, make vs buy scenarios, and manufacturing foot print alignment. The role will be both a strategic thinker and an individual tactical contributor comfortable with influencing and educating multiple levels within the organization to achieve results. The role is a key partner with each plant operations manager, driving performance review and delivering recommendations for cost optimization strategies. This position will travel between our Oshkosh, Berlin, and Eagle Wisconsin locations.
- Prepare and present monthly costing KPI's from the manufacturing facilities. Including but not limited to: variances in spend, labor efficiencies, material variances, and cost of goods produced
- Understand and present monthly manufacturing variances in a manner which enables clear understanding, leading to driving performance improvements
- Reviews monthly spend to budget, providing analytics and insight into deviations.
- Utilizes data mining techniques to research, model, and generate "what if" scenarios on facilities, production transfers, and component make / buy decisions.
- Identify and drive common costing structure between domestic manufacturing facilities
- Assist in annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Build and maintain forecasted labor and overhead rates to be used in strategic planning
- Identify issues with system transactions creating variances and work with Operations team to implement corrective actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of manufacturing financial experience
- 2 years of ERP experience
Travel required between Wisconsin locations.
One accountant needed that will be based out of Jefferson and Whitewater. Travel Required.
- SAP and BI experience
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience working for a global manufacturing company
- Experience with standard costing and manufacturing variance analytics
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with the ability to create and maintain complex excel models
- Able to influence others without direct authority and work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, management, motivation and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate financial information to a non-financial audience
- Ability to convert metrics into meaningful information
- Self-starter with initiative and vision; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."