The Inpatient Rehabilitation (IRF) Division of Kindred Healthcare is currently seeking an enthusiastic Resource Business Development Director to join our Business Development team! Kindred Healthcare is the largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the United States. A Fortune magazine Most Admired Healthcare Company for nine years, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.
The Resource DBD can expect to spend at least 75% of theirtime in the field on assignments throughout the US. This positionwill require the candidate to travel to the required location on a weekly, andas needed basis. This position is a full-time/salaried role.
The Resource Director of Business Development isresponsible for the development and implementation of business and marketingplans for the assigned hospitals. The Resource Director of BusinessDevelopment is responsible for the overall management of the Marketing andAdmission Team. They will be required to analyze and create strategicplans for upcoming deployments to best meet the facility's needs. Worksalongside the New Start Implementation Team to help hire, onboard, and trainnew DBDs, as well as work to create the initial market development plan. Thisposition also is required to assist with Physician recruitment, initial open'spatient selection plan, and survey readiness.
- Serves as interim DBD when vacancies arise, and works alongside HR to recruit and interview new hires in the DBD role and CL role.
- Must be able to remotely manage the facility in which you are serving, in accordance with their natural work day. ( IE. Covering facilities from coast to coast and will need to work their schedule regardless of where your home base is)
- Implements a comprehensive business plan to ensure Census and Mix Forecasts are met and/or exceeded. The business plan will include and identify internal and external targets (by specific referral groups and percentages); insurance rate targets (averages) and action plans to evaluate the effectiveness of the Clinical Liaison Team. The business plan will be accessed and updated no less than quarterly to ensure that all business indicators are met.
- Ensures comprehensive external information is gathered on a continual basis with regard to markets, customers and competitors.
- Responsible for remote and on site education of new DBDs and Clinical Liaisons.
- Develops, organizes and maintains a data base system for decision support information including identification of community needs; demand forecasting; utilization of programs and services; competitive analysis; medical staff utilization trends. Utilizes software tools including the Kindred Hospital information systems together with internal data and external data base information for statistical analysis.
- Ensures appropriateness of patient selection; assists patients/families in making informed admission decisions.
- Create and implement comprehensive marketing plans and programs annually and on an as needed basis for the facility's long and short term goals.
- Establishes planning links with other health care organizations and agencies in order to obtain research information. Evaluates opportunities for joint or shared programs, coordinates written data-oriented external agency surveys to gather best local information available.
- Interfaces directly with managed care providers, key physicians and other program delivery personnel providing expertise in the development and implementation of business plans, situation analysis documents and feasibility studies to evaluate opportunities for new joint or shared program and/or service offering, and new product-line development, product enhancement and product differentiation in the competitive market environment.
- Maintains a measure and tracking system delivering timely reports and presentations on a regular basis.
- Provides specific feedback on performance achieved on an ongoing basis to CEO/COO/Senior Directors.
- Assist the Regional Leadership team with mentorship, remote assistance, and other necessary duties for the DBD role.