Company Generac Power Systems
Name Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Req # 55103
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Generac's Corporate Quality Team is growing! We are seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to be based in out of our Corporate Office in Waukesha, WI.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing both the advanced and current supplier quality functions. This person will work to ensure the launch readiness of suppliers and components as defined in the Generac Quality Management System (GQMS). The SQE will lead the supplier quality activities between our production facilities, Engineering and Global Sourcing teams. This position works with suppliers to improve quality systems and performance as well as manage warranty / recovery efforts. This person will execute problem resolution to determine root cause with the use of corrective action and 8D problem solving methods. Travel will be required between local facilities and global suppliers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead supplier development projects
- Support the facility Quality Managers with follow up to supplier corrective actions
- Support New Product Introduction and Global Sourcing with PPAP projects
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Provide Guidance and understanding of Generac supplier expectations and objectives
- Manage quality issues associated with purchased parts including initial supplier contact, containment and permanent corrective action
- Conduct audits, evaluate performance, develop action plans and provide recommendations for the purpose of improving performance at suppliers
- Manage platform timelines and critical milestones for Quality Improvement Plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a SQE role with an OEM company
- 3 years of experience working in Quality Assurance in a plant or supplier quality role
- 1 year of experience working with PPAP procedures, APQP (Control Plan & PFMEA), PPAP and ISO
- Ability to travel domestically and globally up to 35%
- Experience working with international companies and in matrix organizations
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Quality Auditor
- Previous Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
- Foreign Language based on region
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application and interpretation of manufacturing/quality metrics
- Advanced knowledge in the implementation of lean principals and improvements
- Ability to collaboratively work with teams to drive improvements
- Manage shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP business systems.
- Good presentation skills at all levels
- Use of advanced problem solving skills to resolve difficult issues
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Travel up to 35% and valid Driver's License required.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."