Company Generac Power Systems
Name Sr. Production Planner
Req # 55309
Location Jefferson CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators...but we did not stop there! As we continue to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now; instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Production Planner III is responsible for assisting to improve customer service levels (on time delivery) and working capital (inventory turns). This role is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include monitoring inventory levels, inbound material design, reviewing and converting excess and obsolete into turning inventory as well as assigned projects.
The Production Planner III is located in Jefferson, WI and reports to the Planning Manager
- Collaborate with corporate demand planners and business units' cross-functional teams to develop and improve strategies and processes that drive on time delivery and working capital optimization.
- Provide recommendations on inventory strategies that will support upside revenue opportunities and fluctuations in model/mix by product line.
- Support the seamless interaction of purchasing and materials management to resolve gaps between supply capabilities and production plans.
- Work with product management to understand new product introduction (NPI) and end of sale product transitions to seamlessly phase-in or phase-out within operations with minimal risk (e.g., resource, inventory, and capacity).
- Develop an inventory lifecycle program to minimize excess material stranded at the end of the life cycle
- Present supply chain related information to internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate communication activities that highlight and publicize plans, goals and results.
- Serve as a conduit for the flow of information, the sharing of best practices and external benchmarks.
- Clearly understand and document business group's definition and expectation of material availability, elasticity, and cascade to operations and program team members.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Develops less experienced engineers.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field OR equivalent experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment
- 3 years of purchasing, planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle);
- Materials and Supply Chain certifications;
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) best practices
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to evaluate situations objectively and demonstrate the ability to make decisions that are intended to have a positive impact on work performance or area and the total business;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in order to complete them on time;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, contract negotiation and project management;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong project management and analytical skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel."We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."