Company Generac Power Systems
Name Assembler I - 1st Shift - 1020315
Req # 55316
Location Eagle CORP
Employment Type Full Time
The Assembler I performs assembly work to manufacture assemblies and products in a cost effective and timely manner while fulfilling quality standards. The Assembler I will validate material prior to beginning assembly, review work instructions, build product per specifications and within tolerances, complete all clean-up and housekeeping procedures, comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations including wearing all appropriate PPE.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
- Ability to understand and execute basic standard procedures.
- Ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math functions.
- Ability to perform basic assembly skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Models positive and professional work ethics.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to interpret basic visual diagrams.
- Basic PC knowledge.
- Knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic assembly equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May resolve problems with assistance from peers or supervisor depending the level and complexity. Follows defined procedures and practices.
- Learning the principles, practices, and processes in the function or discipline. Developing the business knowledge required of the full job.
- Suggest and implement improvements of existing equipment and/or designs to improve safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
- Perform safe and effective operation of all equipment needed to perform job function
- Work is supervised daily or weekly with assignments that encompass a well-defined set of tasks. Follows established procedures, processes, or policies.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Participate in team meets and exchange job related information
- At this level demonstrates attendance, quality and attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.